Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of this website (“stmargaretsct.com”) is provided by the St Margaret & All Saints Parish (hereafter referred to as “The Parish”), which is part of The Brentwood Diocesan Trust (hereafter referred to as “The Trust”), registered charity no. 234092.
Use terms, liability and disclaimers
1. By using stmargaretsct.com, you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of stmargaretsct.com. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use stmargaretsct.com.
2. The Parish may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by the Parish. Your continued use of stmargaretsct.com after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use stmargaretsct.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any stmargaretsct.com content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of stmargaretsct.com content requires the prior written permission of The Parish.
4. You agree to use stmargaretsct.com only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of stmargaretsct.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within stmargaretsct.com or by using contact information pulled from stmargaretsct.com.
5. stmargaretsct.com contents, including information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons, products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “as is” and on an “is available” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. Under no circumstances will the Parish or the Trust be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of stmargaretsct.com regardless of the form of action.
7. The Parish does not warrant that functions contained in stmargaretsct.com content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that stmargaretsct.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. Names, images and logos may be subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of The Parish, The Trust and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of The Parish, The Trust or any other third party. Wherever you believe we have not fully complied with the obligations of stating licenses, copyrights/copylefts, please contact us and we will immediately make any appropriate corrections to the website.
11. Further to paragraph 10, by submitting your contribution to stmargaretsct.com or for The Parish's weekly newsletter, you:
11.1. warrant that your contribution:
10.1.1. is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to The Parish for all the purposes specified above;
11.1.2. is not defamatory; and
11.1.3. does not infringe any law; and
11.2. indemnify The Parish against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by The Parish as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
11.3. waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on stmargaretsct.com and the purposes specified above.
12. stmargaretsct.com publishes a weekly newsletter for public download. This is the same newsletter which is issued in print at mass services. Consent has been seek with any person mentioned in the newsletter and for the publishing of contact data, such as telephone numbers. This applies equally to print and this website' publication. If you do not want to grant the Parish the rights to publish your information and/or contact data, please do not submit such information and/or data.
14. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on stmargaretsct.com, then the latter shall prevail.
15. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
16. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.